Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Life is what we make it.....

The other day a friend's son, Jayant, was telling his experience. During the diwali vacation, he and his couple of friends had gone to Delhi.

They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Sardar, and boys being boys, Jayant and his pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to insinuate the old man.

But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.

At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid up the hire-charges. The Sardar returned the change. Moreover, he gave each one of them Re.1 extra and said, (in Hindi, of course),

''Son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in a very bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to know what the world is about. You have yet to know what is will power, dedication and success, you have yet to see the world. But I have
just one request. Here I am giving you Re.1 each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in
this city.'

Jayant continued,' That Re.1 coin is still with me. I couldn't find a single Sardar begging on the streets of Delhi !'

Smilers wear a CROWN, Loosers wear a FROWN.

No comments: